The rules of the best game ever invented.
All FootGolf players should conduct themselves in a very disciplined manner, demonstrating courtesy at all times and sportsmanship, regardless of how competitive they may be. This is the spirit of the footgolf game. FootGolf rules are based on the Rules of Golf, but with some considerations and particulars as detailed below.
THE BASIC FOOTGOLF RULES
- Wear appropriate clothing. No cleats (flat sole/tennis type shoes only)
- Your ball must be easy to identify.
- Review the score card and wait for your turn. Make sure your kick will not interfere with other players.
- Kick off your ball from a position up to two meters (6 feet) behind the tee markers.
- The ball must be played in a singal movement. You are not allowed to push the ball with the top or bottom of your foot while the ball is still. Your foot should be set separate from the ball, clearly behind, before each kick.
- Wait to play until the ball has completely come to rest. (It is not legal to stop the ball from rolling with the wind).
- Play the ball from where it lies. You are not allowed to move the ball or remove jammed objects. Exception: You may mark the spot and lift the ball when it may obstruct the other player's kick or ball in any way.
- The player farthest from the hole is the first to kick the ball.
- The order of play is established based on the score of the previous hole. The player with the best score will kick off first on the next hole followed by the second, etc.
- If the ball entered the hazard, retrieve or replace it within 2 steps from the closest land point from where the ball entered the hazard, receiving a one stroke penalty or you can place the ball at the position of the previous kick and receive one stroke penalty.
- Out of bounds marker are annotated with white stakes receiving a one stroke penalty
JAX FOOTGOLF COURSE LOCAL RULES
- No soccer cleats or spikes
- Do not kick soccer ball on golf green (free drop off golf green)
- Please see FootGolf Map for routing of each hole
- Keep up with group ahead- allow faster players through
- Please respect the golfers and the golf course